ANESTHESIOLOGY TECHNICIAN 2 (TEMPORARY/HOURLY)
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Mechanic/Technician
Posted on March 15, 2020
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$25.37 to $36.32 per hour|
|Shift:||Alternate Work Shift|
Harborview Anesthesiology has an outstanding opportunity for a TEMPORARY/HOURLY ANESTHESIOLOGY TECHNICIAN 2 (Rotating/Variable Shifts). The Anesthesiology Technician 2 will join the Harborview Medical Center Anesthesiology Team and prepare, operate, and maintain anesthesia and laboratory equipment such as physiological monitors and blood gas analyzers. The Anesthesiology Technician 2 will also assist medical staff with technical problems related to anesthesia. Under general direction of the anesthesia provider, the Anesthesiology Technician 2 will assist the provider with the delivery of anesthesia, including the assembly, maintenance, evaluation, and operating of equipment used in complex procedures such as cardiovascular, Neurosurgical, and multi-trauma cases.
Anesthesiology Technician 2 duties:
• Monitor data regarding patient care in both critical and non-critical situations.
• Interact professionally with patients and families.
• Provide patients with explanations and verbal reassurance, as necessary.
• Adapt procedures to meet individual needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients for treatment.
• Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
• Prepare room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, supplies, and equipment for each individual Anesthesia procedure.
• Assist in the positioning, prepping, and draping of patients for surgical procedures.
• Carry out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments/procedures.
• Maintain safe environment for patient, co-workers, and self, per facility policies and procedures.
• Check all equipment/instruments needed prior to each procedure, to ensure proper functioning.
• Protect patients' sensitivities and right to privacy; closely observe patients with minimal disturbance.
• Notify appropriate personnel when patient complains of pain.
• Follow aseptic technique when opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures.
• Perform services requiring technical or manual skills, under the direction of Attending Anesthesiologist.
• Anticipate needs of Anesthesiologist, Anesthesia Residents, and CRNA’s during perioperative phase.
• Clean and prepare rooms between procedures and after last case; restock supplies, when necessary, and organize effectively for end-of-case cleanup.
• Is fully responsible for care of instruments/equipment during intra/postoperative phase, including cleaning of equipment.
• Follow written procedures for sterilization; know responsibilities and the necessity for chemical and biological monitoring.
• Consult with other staff members when in question or unfamiliar with equipment or procedure.
• Regularly collaborate with other members of the Anesthesia team in order to maintain equipment and supplies for Anesthesia procedures.
• Adhere to and meet current standards, policies, and procedures.
• Establish and maintain effective communication and good working relationships with co-workers for patients' benefit.
• Make decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within the Anesthesia Technician’s scope of practice.
• Make decisions reflecting knowledge of the assigned case and equipment to be readied for the procedure.
• Utilize initiative; strive to maintain steady level of productivity; is self-motivated. Organization and management of activities reflects due consideration for the needs of the department.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
ASATT certification as an Anesthesia Technician and 3 years' experience with complex surgeries; trauma experience preferred.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.