ANESTHESIOLOGY TECHNICIAN LEAD (FULL-TIME, DAYS)
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Mechanic/Technician
Posted on March 20, 2020
|Department:||UW MEDICAL CENTER ANESTHESIOLOGY|
|Job Location:||UW Medical Center - Montlake|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$4,715.00 to $6,748.00 per month|
The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
UW MEDICAL CENTER - MONTLAKE - ANESTHESIOLOGY has an outstanding opportunity for a FULL-TIME ANESTHESIOLOGY TECHNICIAN LEAD (Rotating/Variable Shifts). In support of excellent direct patient care, the Anesthesiology Technician Lead serves as point person to coordinate daily flow of services with Anesthesiology Technicians and oversight of supplies and equipment.
• Lead daily activities and services at all Anesthesia locations.
• Work with Manager to develop policies and procedures.
• Assist in quality assurance programs as directed by Manager. Participate in process improvement committees, as assigned.
• Perform as Anesthesiology Technician 2 as required and directed by Manager.
• Ensure appropriate staffing on the floor.
• Schedule assignments and breaks for the Anesthesia team, creating staffing/scheduling grids as directed by Manager.
• Coach other Anesthesia Technicians on performance; escalate situations to the attention of Manager, if needed.
• Assist in the recruitment and evaluation of Anesthesiology Technicians.
• Lead staff development, training, new employee orientation, as directed by Manager.
Inventory and Equipment:
• Responsible for proper control of records and inventories.
• Troubleshoot and coordinate equipment repairs.
• Coordinate stock inventories with purchasing.
• Maintain knowledge of vendor product upgrades.
• Research UWMC’s potential as a future internship site for Anesthesiology Technicians as directed by Manager.
• Participate in professional and educational events relevant to Anesthesiology Technicians.
• Promote service to patients, the public, and hospital staff.
• Perform other related tasks as needed.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.