ANESTHESIOLOGY TECHNICIAN SUPERVISOR (FULL-TIME, EVENING SHIFTS)
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Mechanic/Technician
Posted on March 14, 2020
|Job Location:||Harborview Medical Center|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$5,157.00 to $7,382.00 per month|
The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
HARBORVIEW ANESTHESIOLOGY has an outstanding opportunity for a FULL-TIME ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN SUPERVISOR (Evening Shifts). Under general direction of the department manager, The Anesthesia Technician Supervisor oversees the provision of anesthesia technical services on daily basis and supervises the anesthesia technical staff including Lead Technicians, Anesthesia Technician II, and Anesthesia Technician I. The Anesthesia Technician Supervisor ensures all equipment and supplies are in good working order and readily available and performs the duties of the department manager when he/she is not available.
• Supervise Anesthesia Lead staff and Anesthesia Tech 2 and Tech 1 staff.
• Perform all functions of Anesthesia Lead and Anesthesia Tech 2 and Tech 1 positions.
• Supervise overall supply and equipment inventory; oversee preventative maintenance of equipment relating to anesthetic care.
• Assign and schedule, manage leave requests.
• Supervise the training of new Anesthesiology Technicians and students.
• Supervise the coordination of technical services between the department and all anesthesiology locations in the hospital.
• Direct and coordinate in-service training and education programs.
• Evaluates employee performance and plans additional/remedial training.
• Implement policies and procedures, forms, work methods and standards, and schedules to be followed by department staff; establish job priorities and coordinate work flow.
• Develop and conduct on-going in-service training programs; instruct unit staff and/or attending physicians, residents, and nursing staff regarding technical aspects of equipment, materials, and techniques.
• Assist with Quality Assurance program; insure unit's compliance with hospital, state, and federal guidelines.
• Develop preventative maintenance program.
• Evaluate new equipment and innovative techniques; recommend feasibility of utilizing new equipment and techniques;
• Participate in departmental construction planning and space utilization;
• Act as liaison with other anesthesiology units regarding the use of new equipment or techniques;
• Review current literature to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the field;
• Perform related duties as required.
• Monitor all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the risk of medical/health care errors.
• Supervise staff to ensure rooms are ready in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, supplies and equipment for each individual Anesthesia procedure.
• Assist in the positioning, prepping and draping of patients for surgical procedures.
• Carry out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments/procedures.
• Maintain safe environment for patient, co-workers and self, per facility policies and procedures.
• Perform services requiring technical or manual skills, under the direction of Attending Anesthesiologist.
• Anticipate needs of Anesthesiologist, Anesthesia Residents, and CRNA’s during perioperative phase.
• Clean and prepare rooms between procedures and after last case; restocks supplies, when necessary, and organizes effectively for end-of-case clean up.
• Responsibility for care of instruments/equipment during intra/postoperative phase, including cleaning of equipment.
• Regularly collaborates with other members of the Anesthesia team, in order to maintain equipment and supplies for Anesthesia procedures.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.