Assistant Nurse Manager, RN 3, UWMC - DIGESTIVE HEALTH CTR
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Nursing
Posted on March 7, 2020
|Department:||Digestive Health Center|
|Job Location:||UW Medical Center - Montlake|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
This role calls for leadership qualities in a fast paced environment and requires professional collaboration with different disciplines, creative problem-solving, strong interpersonal skills; and an interest to be an integral part of the daily operations and growth and development the Digestive Health Center and Digestive Health Institute.
• Responsible for the day-to-day supervision clinical staff, including Medical Assistants (MA’s).
• Discusses concerns regarding staff with appropriate supervisor and may participate in aspects of the disciplinary process.
• Demonstrates the ability to provide clear, constructive feedback to staff.
• Responsible for annual performance appraisals of Registered Nurses and MA staff and for input into all other clinic staff evaluations.
• Promotes a work environment that recognizes and builds upon the strengths of staff as individuals and as a team.
• Responsible for staff development through on-site in-services as well as coordinating with staff for attending off-campus continuing education offerings.
• Evaluates learning progress of new staff and determines ongoing learning needs.
• Maintains staff competencies through periodic assessment, determining new training needs and coordinates with appropriate resource.
• Acts as a role model and a resource for all clinic staff.
• Coordinates student preceptorships in clinic.
• Works to promote a positive work environment by minimizing/managing conflicts and promoting team work.
• Promotes communications by participating in regular staff meetings and using all available communication means.
• Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage patient issues and complaints.
• Participates in PSN discussions and problem–solving.
Patient Care Responsibilities:
• Charge RN: Manages the daily RN and MA assignments. Continuously collaborates throughout the day with physicians, anesthesia providers, staff, coordinating departments and nurse manager to ensure optimal patient care delivery and flow. Supervises care coordination of complex patients.
• Ability to perform all of the procedural RN2 (staff nurse) clinical duties.
• Ability to use ORCA and EPIC for patient scheduling and care.
• Promotes an environment that fosters continuous learning and professional development for all DHC staff, students, residents, fellows and faculty.
• Performs/participates in annual evaluation of staff performances in collaboration with the manager and peer evaluators.
• Assists with the development of standards, policies and procedures for the DHC.
• Ability to use Kronos for staff scheduling and timekeeping.
• Reviews candidates for staff positions and participates in interviews and hiring process.
• Coordinates orientation and onboarding for new staff.
• Participates in and monitors supply ordering and budgeting.
• Ensure completion and submission of monthly audits.
Requirements: Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Washington. BSN required. Two years GI experience and Charge RN desired.