CUSTODIAN LEAD - NIGHTSUniversity of Washington
For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here. Housing and Food Services (HFS) is pleased to announce an opening for a Custodian Lead -Nights
HFS provides on-campus housing and dining to over 7,800 student residents each year. In order to successfully accomplish this, we employ over 1,200 classified, professional staff and student staff members who work throughout HFS, providing residential and dining services to the campus, as well as additional campus services such as the Husky Card (the campus ID card), conferences and catering. HFS staff members support the University's focus on the undergraduate experience through many programs and services—providing students a smooth transition to living on their own. As reflected in our mission statement—working together to enhance student life—teamwork and service to our students and customers are at the heart of our business.
Our ideal candidate exhibits an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Lead a team of assigned Night Team Custodians and perform custodial duties as assigned, primarily focusing on UW Dining venues and UW Childcare centers. Provide customer service for residential students and conference guests.
Description of Duties:
• Perform the duties of a Custodian, focusing on UW Dining Venues and UW Childcare Centers.
• Respond to Residential Life, UW Dining, and Conference Services emergency calls.
• Regularly assign, instruct and check the work of Custodians.
• Inspect assigned areas to determine if custodial work is performed to meet the cleanliness standards of the institution.
• Report status and condition of assigned areas to supervisors.
• Train and instruct new employees in proper cleaning techniques.
• Order and distribute custodial equipment and supplies as needed; monitor the use and care of assigned equipment and supplies.
• Assist in the maintenance of inventory and employee records. Maintain inventory of custodial cleaning equipment and supplies.
• Monitor safety practices of Custodians; conduct fire safety and building security inspections.
• Assemble cleaning kits for custodians
• Maintain record of work orders; assist in data entry of work orders to AIM computer system.
• Coordinate with painting and maintenance crews to schedule work assignments.
• Communicate instructions from Custodian Supervisor 1 or Custodian Supervisor 2 to Custodians.
• Assist the Custodian Supervisor 1 or Custodian Supervisor 2 in evaluating the performance of Custodians.
• Assist the Custodian Supervisor in identifying special maintenance or repair needs.
• Participate in interviews for hiring hourly employees.
• Respond to resident questions, complaints and concerns regarding cleaning.
• Perform related duties as required.
• Physical ability to do the work and one year of experience as a Custodian
• Experience and references that demonstrate ability to:
o Understand written and verbal instructions in English
o Effectively interact and communicate in a variety of situations
o Work independently with minimal supervision
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may substitute for required qualifications.
Competitive candidates will possess experience that demonstrates:
• Previous success as a Custodian or housekeeper
• An eye for detail
• Dedication to a high level of customer satisfaction
What’s in it For You:
• Full benefits, including medical and dental insurance and retirement.
• Paid vacation and sick leave, as well as 10 paid holidays a year and one personal day.
• Subsidized transit and parking passes.
• Work for a mission-driven organization that is focused on providing the best possible living and learning environment for our students.
Condition of Employment:
• A satisfactory outcome from the employment verification and reference check processes.
• Possession of a valid State of Washington Driver’s License.
This position will work a Friday–Tuesday, 9:30 PM – 6:00 AM schedule.
The salary range is $2776- $3673/month + benefits.
To be considered, apply and update your profile and application by the end of the day February 6, 2019
Learn more about Housing & Food Services.
Learn more about why our staff choose to work here!
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.Apply for this job