CUSTODIAN: SEFS: PACK FOREST CONFERENCE CENTER (TEMPORARY)University of Washington
This is a TEMPORARY, PART-TIME, HOURLY position. Schedule Varies. It begins Upon Hire and is expected to run through January of 2019.
Our School of Environmental and Forest Sciences has an outstanding opportunity for a temporary, part-time Custodian at the Center for Sustainable Forestry at Pack Forest, a remote site of the University of Washington located near the town of Eatonville Washington. This site has a 135 bed conference center with 7 meeting rooms, and has dining/catering. The Conference Center operates 7 days per week.
Under general supervision this individual will:
Perform custodial duties under general supervision to maintain cleanliness and care of facilities along with setting up/taking down meeting rooms within Pack Forest.
Perform duties of a Custodian which include the following:
• Clean and sanitize restrooms/shower rooms, overnight lodging, meeting rooms and fixtures in accordance with established procedures and standards; refill restroom dispensers; as custodial inventory is received, place inventory in appropriate storage areas.
• Clean whiteboards and erasers; dust and wipe furniture; sweep, mop or vacuum floors; empty wastebaskets, trash, and recycle containers; empty and clean ashtrays and cigarette urns; replace light bulbs.
• Set up and take down equipment, such as whiteboards and easels, and furnishings such as chairs and tables for meetings, conferences and events;
• Strip, clean, buff and apply finish to floors; use high speed floor buffers/polishers; vacuum and clean carpets;
• Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools such as vacuum, broom, mop, squeegee, leaf blower, carpet steam cleaner, ladder for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, sidewalks, walls, carpets, and furniture; ability to climb ladder;
• Lock and unlock buildings; secure building when facilities are not in use by checking for unlocked doors and windows; report unauthorized occupants;
• Follow written and/or verbal instructions regarding the use of chemicals, supplies and equipment; comply with safety policies and procedures;
• Wash interior or easily accessible exterior windows;
• May perform cleaning and related activities in areas within a reasonable distance from buildings using hand-operated tools or small power equipment to remove snow or debris, or sweeping sidewalks or stairs;
• Move furniture, equipment, supplies as needed;
• May operate high-pressure washer;
• Strip bedding, count bedding items, bag begging, ready bedding items for transportation to UW Consolidate Laundry, change and make beds. Occasionally drive laundry to Seattle and pick up clean laundry before returning to Pack Forest.
• May mow lawns or pull weeds.
• Programming heating/cooling controls in several locations, program door locks
• Maintain compliance with applicable policies and procedures;
• Provide outstanding customer service when interacting with Conference Center guests and other users of Pack Forest and facilities.
• Perform related duties as required. REQUIREMENTS: • Physical ability to perform required work, lift up to 50 lbs.
• Possess valid driver’s license recognized by the State of Washington. Will need ability to drive a Golf Car and UW vehicles.
• Excellent Customer Service skills.
Condition of Employment:
Must be available days, evenings, and weekends. Conference facilities operate 7 days per week.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter, and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your ""My Jobs"" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for this job