FOOD SERVICE WORKER LEAD (BARISTA) - CANDIDATE BANKUniversity of Washington
For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
UW Dining reports through Housing & Food Services as a University of Washington department. As a University employee you will be able to select from a number of medical and dental insurance providers, participate in a Washington State Public Employees Retirement System plan as sick and vacation leave, holidays and additional benefits that support your health and wellness.
We welcome your interest in joining us in carrying out our mission – working together to enhance student life. We do this through teamwork and a focus on serving the students, staff, faculty and guests of the University.
UW Dining operates over 40 dining and café locations that serve the entire campus community. With over 300 full-time employees, UW Dining supports the campus community by providing a wide range of dining options, from grab-and-go items at our cafes, to food court-style facilities offering hot items for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as late-night options.
Are you an experienced, hard-working cafe professional looking for a consistent schedule of 40-hour weeks and excellent benefits? Housing & Food Services (HFS) is seeking applicants for a number of cafe positions. This announcement seeks candidates for several Food Service Worker Lead (FSWL) positions. The lead position participates and leads staff in the opening and closing of the unit, preparation of menu items, and interacts with customers.
What You Will be Doing
• Preparing and serving espresso and other menu items for customers, instructing staff on preparation and service.
• Interacting frequently with customers to take orders, answer questions about ingredients, recipes and pricing.
• Work alongside staff and assign tasks to student and Food Service Workers to ensure production goals are met by checking work and providing instruction when needed.
• Ensuring the unit is appropriately stocked and clean for great customer experiences.
Schedules will be discussed and set during the hiring process, and will consist of 40 hour work weeks with two consecutive days off. Schedules may be changed with two weeks’ notice. Some positions are nine-month cyclic position that will work full-time, mid-September to mid-June. Additional work may be available in the summer based on business needs and seniority. Starbucks FSWL positons are twelve-month non-cyclic positions that will work full-time and are scheduled year-round.
You will be offered the opportunity to indicate your schedule preferences during the application and/or screening processes.
• One year of experience making espresso beverages and providing customer service in a high-volume cafe.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may substitute for required qualifications.
• Experience using email, experience using a menu management system to review recipes and instructions and/or complete basic entries such as inventory sheets.
• Experience working as an integral member of a team.
• Experience providing informal leadership/direction/instruction to others.
Conditions of Employment
• A satisfactory outcome from the reference check process.
• Acquire a Washington State Food Worker Card within two weeks of employment and maintain thereafter.
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate leadership, customer service and espresso experience in fast-paced environments, and who demonstrate a strong focus on teamwork and providing consistently high-quality products and service.
The salary range for the Food Service Worker Lead position is $2,776 - $3,266 per month, depending upon experience, plus full benefits, including affordable medical and dental coverage, employer matched retirement plans, paid holidays, paid sick leave and paid vacation.
Are you ready to make your move?! When you apply, you will be asked to provide more information about your location and schedule of interest.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for this job