FOOD SERVICE WORKER, SEFS: PACK FOREST CONFERENCE CENTERUniversity of Washington
This is a TEMPORARY, PART-TIME, HOURLY position. Schedule Varies. It begins Upon Hire and is expected to run through January of 2019.
School of Environmental and Forest Sciences' Pack Forest Conference Center in Eatonville, Washington currently has an opportunity for a temporary, variable-schedule, part-time Food Service Worker.
The individual in this position will perform the following duties:
• Perform routine work in preparing and serving food and beverages
• Serve food in a cafeteria line;
• Deliver/Pick up coffee break service or other food items to and from meeting rooms;
• Open cans, wash and prepare vegetables for cooking;
• Make and serve beverages/coffee and soda fountain items;
• Assemble salads, sandwiches and desserts;
• Wash dishes, utensils, pots, pans and equipment; clean BBQ grill, operate ware washing machine;
• Mop kitchen, pantry, walk-ins and dining area floors;
• Clean tables/shelves and chairs, fill items such as tea racks, condiments, cup dispensers, soda machine, napkin containers, restock products as necessary or directed;
• Recycle, break down boxes, empty compost, and remove trash;
• Reheat food items, place food items on serving tables;
• May relieve or assist other employees in higher level food preparation tasks to meet emergency or routine situations;
• Store leftover ingredients and products; assist in their utilization; rotate stock;
• Accept food deliveries, check in freight;
• May operate kitchen equipment;
• Perform related duties as required.
• Possession of, or eligible for, a Washington State Food Handler's permit by date of hire. REQUIREMENTS: Possession of, or eligible for, a Washington State Food Handler's permit by date of hire.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Condition of Employment- A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification required prior to hire
• Must be available days, evenings and weekends. Conference facilities operate 7 days per week.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter, and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your ""My Jobs"" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for this job