University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Manufacturing / Production / Operations
Posted on June 18, 2020
|Department:||UWMC - TELESERVICES|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$2,846 - $3,404 per month|
|Shift:||Alternate Work Shift|
UWMC's Teleservices Unit has an outstanding opportunity for a full time variable shift Hospital Operator (Telephone Communications Operator). We are seeking individuals with a positive attitude, who work well in a team environment and are dedicated to supporting the UWMC where Patients Are First.
The Teleservices Telephone Operators provide 24/7 coverage answering the University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC) switchboard. We receive and route calls for our patients, their families and staff while providing excellent customer service. The telephone operators are often the first contact for the UWMC. A friendly voice to connect callers to their destination is an important part of the patient and family centered care provided at the UW Medical Center. Additionally, we provide multiple communication services such as alpha-numeric and overhead paging and two-way radio communications. We also implement the Medical Center’s security and emergency procedures as well as monitor alarms.
• Answer and transfer external and internal calls to the main number for the UWMC. Screen calls as necessary to answer questions and determine the nature of the business involved.
• Provide paging services using our staff directory and medical on-call schedule.
• Monitor and respond to alarms.
• Receive and dispatch emergency calls (including Code Blue and other medical emergencies).
• Provide afterhours coverage for the MEDCON service.
• Perform other related duties as necessary (including acting as Lead Operator).
As an employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page.
High School Diploma, or GED Certificate; AND one year of experience as a Telephone Communications Operator, or equivalent. Six months of additional qualifying experience may substitute for required education.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.