MACHINERY MASTER MECHANIC
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Construction / Physical Labor / Skilled Trades
Posted on June 22, 2020
|Department:||UWMC - MAINTENANCE|
|Job Location:||UW Medical Center - Montlake|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$4,745 - $6,303 per month|
UWMC Maintenance has an outstanding opportunity for a full time day shift MACHINERY MASTER MECHANIC. The responsibilities for the individual in this role are as follows:
Perform skilled mechanical maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
Positions in this class are distinguished by responsibility to perform skilled maintenance, modification, and repair of mechanical facilities and machinery components requiring the skills of a machinist and welder as well as a journey mechanic. . This class requires a working knowledge of several related skill fields such as plumbing, electrical, welding and machinist work.
Job Duties & Performance Standards
• Performs work in all areas of the Medical Center, including areas with limited access, restricted clearances and clean room environments. Understands and takes proper area specific infection control precautions for the assigned task. May work in close proximity to in progress medical procedures.
• Perform preventive maintenance and repair on all types of mechanical equipment such as air handling units; motors, fans, belts; fan coil units, Medical Air Compressors, Medical Vacuum pumps, water pumps and; clean or change filters, change oil, grease; adjust drive belts; inspect pulleys, shafts and bearings to ensure proper operations;
• Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on various equipment such as washers/ dryers, floor buffers, vacuums, laundry, kitchen, and laboratory equipment;
• Inspect and test mechanical systems;
• Operate machine shop equipment including engine lathe, drill press, grinder; milling machine, hydraulic press to fabricate equipment parts;
• Operate a variety of hand tools;
• Assist customers with fabrication and operation of experimental equipment and apparatuses;
• Drive service truck as required; load and unload material supplies;
• May lead and instruct helpers;
• Perform related duties as required;
• Inspects, troubleshoots, calibrates, tests, and repairs specialized systems and equipment, including: medical air and medical vacuum systems; 6” pneumatic tube system and point to point pneumatic tube systems; Housekeeping equipment; Rolling and sliding fire curtains.
• Maintain materials handling equipment such as pallet jacks, power doors, loading dock boards, scissor lifts, carts and hand trucks;
• Maintain biohazard and trash disposal systems such as compactors, autoclaves, and biohazard vacuum systems.
• Perform welding repairs and fabrication on various equipment;
• Perform rigging for equipment and material handling during repairs and maintenance.
As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page.
Full journey status as a Machinery Master Mechanic by work experience, vocational, or trade school, or apprenticeship program or any combination of the above; OR, four years of applicable work experience including precision machining and welding work. Vocational training may substitute for work experience on a year-for-year basis. Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license may be required.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
• Vocational training may be substituted for work experience on a year-for-year basis.
• Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license may be required.
• A job element examination (including written, E & T and oral components) scored on the basis of job related experience, training, skill, ability and other elements, which are established through job analysis.
A job element examination (including written, E & T and oral components) scored on the basis of job related experience, training, skill, ability and other elements, which are established through job analysis.
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
• Communicates appropriately and effectively to all other members of the team. Interacts professionally and respectfully with all other staff members.
• Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations. Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Knowledge of Preventative Maintenance Systems and Practices
• Experience training apprentices or tradesmen