NURSE PRACTITIONER OR PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Health Care Provider
Posted on July 6, 2020
|Department:||HARBORVIEW - RODEO TEAM (INPT. RAPID O.R. EVAL)|
|Job Location:||Harborview Medical Center|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||90% to 100% of $8144/mo - $12,744/mo DOE|
We offer an excellent benefits package.
Please note that these positions are currently 100% FTE.
In the future it is possible the work schedule would reduce to 90% FTE.
Inpatient Rapid OR Decision Evaluation & Optimization (RODEO) Team (Nurse Practitioner, ARNP or PA-C, Physician Assistant)
Harborview Medical Center (HMC) is looking for innovative and responsible Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) (ARNP, Nurse Practitioners or PA-Cs, Physician Assistants) to join our inpatient preoperative evaluation and optimization team. The “RODEO Team” APP serves as the key provider on our professional team of clinical experts dedicated to improving patient care and surgical outcomes. The RODEO Team APP position requires hard work and a willingness to function on the cutting-edge of improved patient care as we work to create a new way of evaluating and optimizing patients scheduled for non-elective and emergent inpatient surgeries at Harborview Medial Center. In addition to seeing inpatients at Harborview as a part of the RODEO team, the RODEO APP will be a vital, participating member of the new team charged with creating innovative approaches to optimizing patients for surgery.
This position will report to the Harborview Medical Director or designee.
Shift: 5:30-7am to 3:30-5:00pm Mon-Thursday to start
This position will include some night shifts as well; as well as some holiday and week-end coverage.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Evaluate patients requiring urgent or emergent surgeries and be responsible for workup and optimization of perioperative patients
• Workup to include but not limited to: review of medical and surgical history, review of medications, order and interpret labs, diagnostic tests and imaging and determine patient’s readiness for surgery
• Consult other healthcare providers (i.e. PCP or cardiology) based on assessment and findings
• Communicates findings and patients’ readiness for surgery to primary team and anesthesia team/OR.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the RODEO team, surgeons, anesthesiologists, resident physicians, operative nursing staff, and pharmacy.
• Participate in continuing education, monthly QI meetings and ongoing quality improvement projects.
• The APP will work under the supervision of the designated RODEO attending physician.
Desired Qualities and Attributes
• Proven performer looking for a new challenge
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Responsible, thorough, detail-oriented, focused on quality
• Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment with strong problem solving skills
• Flexible, adaptable, comfortable with changing conditions
• Great with interpersonal relationships working with a wide variety of providers
• Personable, engaging, patient-focused
• A life-long learner consistently working to expand your knowledge and skills
• Strong desire to be part of a new team working to change the way we care for surgery patients
• Experienced APP in surgery or perioperative medicine preferred but new graduates will be considered based on training, experience and other qualifications.
• Nurse Practitioner:
- Masters or Doctorate Degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- AND Washington State Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License with prescriptive privileges
- AND National certification as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
• Physician Assistant:
- Licensure as a Physician’s Assistant in the State of Washington
- AND national certification from a national certifying body (NCCPA)
• BLS certification required
• Applicant must be eligible to receive hospital staff appointments for adjunct staff membership by the Organized Medial Staff of the hospital under Medical Staff By-Laws for hospital-based positions.