PA/ARNP Cardiothoracic Acute Care
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Nursing
Posted on April 29, 2020
|Job Location:||UW Medical Center - Montlake|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Shift:||Alternate Work Shift|
Our inpatient team at the UW provides 24-hour coverage for high acuity patients including heart and lung transplant, ECMO, and MCS patients. Our acute care team manages patients from ICU level of care to discharge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work on dedicated Cardiothoracic Surgery service in an inter-professional team with other established APPs, surgeons, and critical care physicians from the Divisions of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Anesthesia
• Provide a full spectrum of care for acute care patients
• Participate in the education of nursing staff, Cardiovascular APP fellows, and surgical residents
• Help conduct quality improvement and process improvement activities for the CT Surgery service
This Opportunity Includes:
• Faculty membership in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery as a Teaching Associate
• Work-life balance with an average of 12 shifts/month
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• CME allowance and support
• Relocation assistance
Individuals who have previous ICU or Acute Care experience as an Advanced Practice Provider or have post-graduate fellowship training in critical care, are encouraged to apply. Motivated APP applicants with a passion to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary training environment, who do not meet the ICU work experience or additional fellowship training will be considered on an individual basis.
Applicants should apply via Interfolio at:
including cover letter, current CV, and contact information for three professional references.