PHARMACIST 3 - INVESTIGATIONAL DRUG SERVICE (FULL-TIME, DAY SHIFTS)
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Pharmacy
Posted on May 8, 2020
|Department:||UWMC / SEATTLE CANCER CARE ALLIANCE|
|Appointing Department Web Address:||https://www.seattlecca.org/|
|Job Location:||South Lake Union|
|Job Location Detail:||Seattle Cancer Care Alliance|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$9,373.00 to $13,411.00 per month|
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Pharmacy team provides extensive pharmaceutical care to inpatient and ambulatory patients. In addition to direct care, pharmacists participate in drug therapy consults, conduct clinical research protocols, provide patient/family/staff education, and precept pharmacy students and residents. SCCA combines the adult and pediatric oncology patient care services of three world-renowned cancer care institutions: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle Children's, and UW Medicine.
SCCA has an outstanding opportunity for a PHARMACIST 3 - INVESTIGATIONAL DRUG SERVICE (FULL-TIME, DAY SHIFTS). The Pharmacist 3 provides clinical pharmacy services to investigators in support of investigational drug studies. This position will assist in the preparation and review of drug study protocols as needed for the daily implementation of the studies through the Investigational Drug Service (IDS).
• Assist or oversee the maintenance of accurate investigational drug records (including documentation of ordering and receipt of drug, drug inventory maintenance, packaging, or pre-packaging responsibilities) and review and update as indicated.
• Assist in maintaining complete study files for the investigational drug studies in the IDS.
• Assist in arranging for study participants to receive study medication per protocol, as inpatients and in the ambulatory setting.
• Utilize the system of Continuous Quality Improvement to measure the effectiveness of pharmaceutical care activities (e.g., audits of records for accuracy, etc.).
• Counsel patients on medications for use at home.
• Participate in protocol development and exploratory projects that would directly contribute to improved patient care.
• Serve as drug information resource for healthcare professionals, patients, and their families.
• Prepare and present cases to pharmacy staff and other healthcare professionals for illustration and discussion of relevant topics in drug therapy.
• Provide in-services to interdisciplinary staff.
• Provide instruction for undergraduate and graduate pharmacy students.
• Precept pharmacy students and pharmacy residents.
• Contribute items for the pharmacy newsletter in field of drug therapy.
• Maintain patient confidentiality according to UWMC and SCCA standards.
• Adhere to UW Pharmacy Services, UWMC, and SCCA policies and procedures.
• Perform the duties of a Pharmacist 2.
• Perform related duties as required.
• Prefer experience in managing investigational drug programs and clinical drug research.
• Prefer PGY2 in oncology or clinical oncology experience.
• Prefer experience in ambulatory retail and IV compounding setting.
• Prefer skills in reading, understanding, and interpreting technical and scientific material such as investigational drug protocols, medical literature, and state and federal regulations.
LEGAL REQUIREMENT: State of Washington Pharmacist License.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
UW Medicine is committed to being a drug-free workplace. We require a pre-employment drug screen. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.
Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.