PHARMACIST 3 - INVESTIGATIONAL DRUGS (SCCA)University of Washington
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Pharmacy team provides extensive pharmaceutical care to inpatient and ambulatory patients. In addition to direct care, pharmacists participate in drug therapy consults, conduct clinical research protocols, provide patient/family/staff education, and precept pharmacy students and residents. SCCA combines the adult and
pediatric oncology patient care services of three world-renowned cancer care institutions: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle Children's, and UW Medicine.
SCCA has an outstanding opportunity for a PHARMACIST 3 - INVESTIGATIONAL DRUG SERVICE. The Investigational Drugs Pharmacist 3 provides clinical pharmacy services to investigators in support of investigational drug studies. This position will assist in the preparation and review of drug study protocols as needed for the daily implementation of the studies through the IDS.
Investigational Drugs Pharmacist 3 Responsibilities:
- Assist or oversee the maintenance of accurate investigational drug records (including documentation of ordering and receipt of drug, drug inventory maintenance, packaging, or pre-packaging responsibilities) and review and update as indicated.
- Assist in maintaining complete study files for the investigational drug studies in the IDS.
- Assist in arranging for study participants to receive study medication per protocol, as inpatients and in the ambulatory setting.
- Utilize the system of Continuous Quality Improvement to measure the effectiveness of pharmaceutical care activities (e.g., audits of records for accuracy, etc.).
- Counsel patients on medications for use at home.
- Participate in protocol development and exploratory projects that would directly contribute to improved patient care.
- Serve as drug information resource for healthcare professionals, patients, and their families.
- Prepare and present cases to pharmacy staff and other healthcare professionals for illustration and discussion of relevant topics in drug therapy.
- Provide in-services to interdisciplinary staff.
- Provide instruction for undergraduate and graduate pharmacy students.
- Precept pharmacy students and pharmacy residents.
- Contribute items for the pharmacy newsletter in field of drug therapy.
- Maintain patient confidentiality according to UWMC and SCCA standards.
- Adhere to UWMC Pharmacy Services, UWMC, and SCCA policies and procedures.
- Perform the duties of a Pharmacist 2.
- Perform related duties as required.
This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, rewarding, and diverse environment. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page. REQUIREMENTS: State of Washington Pharmacist License AND two years of experience in pharmacy practice. Months spent in the completion of an American Society of Health System Pharmacists accredited residency training program may substitute month-for-month for the required experience.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Prefer experience in managing investigational drug programs and clinical drug research.
- Prefer PGY2 in oncology or clinical oncology experience.
- Prefer experience in ambulatory retail and IV compounding setting.
- Prefer skills in reading, understanding, and interpreting technical and scientific material such as investigational drug protocols, medical literature, and state and federal regulations.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
UW Medicine is committed to being a drug-free workplace. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.Apply for this job