PHARMACY TECHNICIAN 1 - INPATIENT (FULL-TIME / EVENINGS)University of Washington
The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. As an employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page.
UWMC Pharmacy is looking for an outstanding FULL-TIME PHARMACY TECHNICIAN 1 (EVENING SHIFTS) to join our Inpatient Pharmacy team! We are looking for a detail-focused, caring, and thoughtful individual to provide excellent care to our patients. The Pharmacy Technician 1 performs a variety of pharmaceutical tasks in the central inpatient or satellite pharmacies. Under the general supervision and control of a licensed pharmacist, our technicians independently perform a variety of technical pharmaceutical functions such as compounding medications, filling medication orders, and preparing compounded sterile products.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare medications from a physician order or pharmacy-generated label in single-dose packaging, including compounded sterile products and extemporaneously prepared doses.
- Load and refill PYXIS automated dispensing cabinets.
- Deliver medications to nursing units, clinics, and procedural areas. Return and credit discontinued medications from the units back to the pharmacy in a timely manner.
- Package medications into single-unit packages and perform bulk packaging of medications including batch preparation of compounded sterile products.
- Participate in monthly outdate and unit inspection program.
- Perform routine computer functions including charge/credits and label generation.
- Triage incoming phone calls to the pharmacy department.
- Interact with professional and technical staff as well as customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Assist in the training of pharmacy assistants, technicians, students, and interns.
- Adhere to UWMC Pharmacy Services and UW Medical Center policies and procedures.
- Six months of experience as a Pharmacy Assistant OR equivalent education/experience.
- LEGAL REQUIREMENT: State of Washington Pharmacy Technician certification.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduation from an accredited Pharmacy Technician training program.
- Experience in a Hospital Pharmacy.
- Knowledge and experience with sterile intravenous admixture practices preferred.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
UW Medicine is committed to being a drug-free workplace. We require a pre-employment drug screen. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for this job