PHARMACY TECHNICIAN 1 - OUTPATIENT (FULL-TIME, ROTATING/VARIABLE SHIFTS)
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Pharmacy
Posted on March 24, 2020
|Department:||UW MEDICAL CENTER - MONTLAKE - PHARMACY|
|Job Location:||UW Medical Center - Montlake|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$3,437.00 to $5,063.00 per month|
|Shift:||Alternate Work Shift|
The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
The UW MEDICAL CENTER - MONTLAKE OUTPATIENT PHARMACY has an outstanding opportunity for a FULL-TIME PHARMACY TECHNICIAN 1 (ROTATING/VARIABLE SHIFTS). The Pharmacy Technician 1 will assist the Pharmacist in professional activities and perform assigned tasks. All activities of Pharmacy Technicians are performed under the direct supervision of a registered Pharmacist. Additionally, the person in this role may engage in preparation and packaging of medications and other pharmacy-related functions. This position provides opportunities to work in an area that promotes a place where healing, science, and learning come together, the opportunity to network with other practitioners in different specialties and to continuously learn about new cutting-edge therapies.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform certified order entry of medication orders into the ambulatory pharmacy computer system.
• Fill prescriptions.
• Utilize ScriptPro Central for filling, labeling, and batching.
• Assist with online processing of prescription orders.
• Assist patients with new prescriptions and refills.
• Determine payment method.
• Assist patients with alternate sources of payment.
• Perform charging and billing functions.
• Assist in preparation of compound pharmaceuticals under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist.
• Direct clinical inquiries requiring a Pharmacist’s professional judgment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Competitive candidates will be able to effectively triage and communicate with patients, have the ability to perform computer entry of prescriptions and charge/credit data, and perform bulk compounding of pharmaceuticals from a formula under the supervision of a Pharmacist. Inherent to success in this position are organizational skills and use of professional judgment.
• Ability to fill medication orders accurately.
• Ability to assist customers in filling prescriptions and assisting with online orders.
• Ability to accurately maintain inventory of pharmaceuticals and supplies.
LEGAL REQUIREMENT: State of Washington Pharmacy Technician certification.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
UW Medicine is committed to being a drug-free workplace. We require a pre-employment drug screen and background check. The use of marijuana for medical purposes accompanied by a prescription, even if permitted by state law, will not be considered acceptable for purposes of explaining a positive lab test result for marijuana.