SCHEDULER - DI/OR
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Manufacturing / Production / Operations
Posted on March 10, 2020
|Department:||UW MEDICAL CENTER - NORTHWEST - RADIOLOGY|
|Job Location:||UW Medical Center - Northwest|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$19.75 to $28.74 per hour|
UW Medical Center - Northwest has an outstanding opportunity for a Scheduler - DI/OR (Full-Time, Day Shift).
Receives orders, verifies enough information to schedule exams, checks for insurance eligibility and may request insurance authorization. The use of multiple software programs is required to facilitate the orders. Excellent communication skills are required for this position. A scheduler may be on the telephone many hours of the day.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Exam Scheduling includes but is not limited to:
• Schedule and confirm imaging exams/ procedures
• Act as a resource for scheduling problems
• As necessary for exam scheduling, communicates patient information to appropriate departments and to radiologists, including preliminary appropriateness screening and lab tests
• Act as primary contact with patients, offices and physicians in coordinating diagnostic services for all Diagnostic Imaging modalities
Patient Records and Order Management includes but is not limited to:
• Coordinate ordering lab tests if needed as a prerequisite to imaging procedures
• Obtain necessary patient information from referring provider office
• Screen for patient insurance eligibility
• Screen for exam authorization requirements
• Accurately input data into computer databases
• Knowledgeable in the use of multiple information systems
• Prioritize work and completes work in a timely manner; able to multi-task effectively
Miscellaneous Support, includes but is not limited to:
• As assigned, perform department open and closing duties
• Gather information and mails packets to patients
• May support Day Surgery with packets of information as directed by protocol
Reception, Customer Service and Support includes but is not limited to:
• Answer telephone using defined etiquette standards; routes calls and messages
• Answer questions and follow through on inquiries
• Facilitate and act as a positive liaison between departments
• Assist with training new staff members
• Some college course work preferred.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology and anatomy preferred.
• Able to work in a high volume, fast paced work environment and perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Good communication, organization, customer service, and public relations skills.
• Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit/department.
• Prefer 1 year scheduling experience.
• Must be able to move freely about the department and hospital.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Demand Level: Sedentary
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
• Lift / Carry 10 pounds occasionally
As required, must be able to-
• Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
• Push and Pull
• Perform fine motor functions
• Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Typing: 25 wpm with accuracy required, verified via pre-employment testing.
• Other computer skills: Data entry skills required.