SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Education
Posted on May 23, 2020
|Department:||OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The next Senior Vice President for University Advancement will address a wide range of opportunities and challenges to enable UW to meet its aspirations, most notably:
• Advancing the UW’s impact by growing its reputation, financial resources, and community building and service;
• Driving multi-stakeholder strategy to influence and create alignment around University and unit priorities, maximizing their impact;
• Furthering a culture of continuous improvement, one that sustains an environment in which bold innovation can thrive;
• Curating a path for profound engagement with the University for stakeholders: from connection to community and contributions in all forms;
• Nurturing and deepening the synergies that grow from the full integration of the three disciplines of advancement and infusing this structure throughout the institution;
• Investing in and supporting the people who comprise University Advancement with a deep commitment to team culture and an understanding that our people are the drivers of our success.
The University of Washington is supported by an exceptionally high-performing 600+ FTE advancement team exemplifying a model approach to advancement. University Advancement integrates alumni and stakeholder engagement, development, and University marketing and communications in collaboration with advancement operations – one of the few University organizations to do so. These University-wide functions work in close collaboration and partnership with school/college/campus (“unit”)-based advancement teams. Together, they support University and unit priorities. College and school leaders contribute nearly one-third of the total budget. The independent, non-profit 501c-3 UW Alumni Association is strategically aligned and administered in partnership with University Advancement and with the University. UW Advancement’s values exemplify its approach: it starts with me; our best work is done together; we create impact.
Qualifications and characteristics
The University of Washington seeks a dynamic, accomplished, inspiring, and collaborative individual to serve as its next Senior Vice President for University Advancement.
• Prior administrative and leadership experience in a large complex higher-education environment, including evidence of vision and effective strategic planning and implementation;
• An understanding of the importance of, and demonstrated success in, promoting diversity and inclusion among staff and volunteers;
• History of creative, inclusive, strategic, collaborative work;
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering collaboration across advancement disciplines;
• Demonstrated success developing and deepening authentic relationships with a wide array of stakeholders, both internal and external to the University;
• Demonstrated success securing private support;
• A leadership style based on integrity, transparency, and inclusiveness, with a proven ability to influence others beyond formal authority;
• Demonstrated ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically;
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
• A bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is a plus;
• Experience with billion dollar-plus campaigns, D1 athletics, and high-performing, complex academic medical centers is preferred.
NOTE: If you apply through this portal, uw.edu/jobs, your application may not be routed to Isaacson, Miller in a timely manner for consideration.