STEWARDSHIP OFFICERUniversity of Washington
|Department:||KUOW / PSPR|
|Job Location:||Seattle Campus|
|Job Location Detail:||U District|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
|Notes:||Please note that this position has been re-posted. If you have already submitted your application, you need not submit it again, as it has already been received.|
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for five consecutive years.
KUOW, licensed to the University of Washington, is the Puget Sound Region’s NPR-affiliated public radio service delivering local, regional, national and international news, information and cultural programming. With an audience of over one million users each month, KUOW’s mission is to create and serve a more informed public. Our vision is to broaden conversations and deepen understanding. KUOW strives to be the finest possible provider of news—both from within our region and beyond. To help in this mission, KUOW has an outstanding opportunity for a Stewardship Officer.
Reporting to the Director of Development, this position will be responsible for planning and implementing coordinated stewardship activities for all mid-level and major donors within KUOW’s individual giving program, ensuring outstanding care is taken to provide a positive donor experience and demonstrate impact, leading to increased giving and donor retention; creating and/or implementing donor stewardship communications and events; overseeing donor recognition processes and the membership benefits ladder; ensuring procedural adherence and improvements, while monitoring related budget line items.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Creates and produces communication materials, in consultation with Major Gifts team and KUOW staff, that support donor stewardship and retention, including, but not limited to, welcome letters, acknowledgement templates, anniversary cards, the General Manager letter, impact statements, donor reports, holiday emails, and other highly personalized touchpoints as needed. Creates and maintains schedules for regular dissemination (35%).
• Identifies, designs and produces all aspects of high-touch donor events for the purpose of donor cultivation, recognition and stewardship. Works with the Events Manager to identify opportunities to collaborate on events and integrate donors into outward-facing events. Manages and maintains RSVP lists, produces necessary supporting documents such as programs and run-of-show. Monitors budget line items, ensuring fiscally responsible expenditures (35%).
• Produces reports and analysis on impact of stewardship activities. Ensures accurate and timely recording of donor stewardship activities in donor database. Monitors donor involvement and provides regular reporting on donor retention and giving in relation to increased stewardship and engagement activities (10%).
• Responsible for member benefits ladder for Development Department. Updates and maintains benefits ladder in collaboration with Development Staff and Marketing. Publicizes benefits ladder online, in member communications, and elsewhere as appropriate (5%).
• Oversees selection, purchase and distribution of thank you gifts for major donors, in collaboration with the Major Gifts team and KUOW staff. Monitors budget line items, ensuring fiscally responsible expenditures (5%).
• Participates in annual development and marketing planning for the major gifts and grants unit and development department (3%).
• Assists with pledge drives and other duties as assigned (7%).
• Occasionally supervises task-oriented work-study or part-time employees and volunteers.
• A bachelor's degree and two or more years’ experience in professional fundraising with demonstrated success in donor cultivation and stewarding donor relationships. Familiarity with, and ability to articulate best practices in non-profit fundraising. Ability to develop fundraising strategies and plans that integrate into the organization’s mission, priorities and goals both independently and within a team.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and an ability to communicate successfully in writing, by phone or in person. Proven ability to work professionally, collegiality and effectively with donors or other constituents, colleagues and the general public. Commitment to providing quality customer service and ability to maintain confidences and protect confidential information.
• Working knowledge of database programs, competency in Microsoft Word and Excel a must.
• Intrinsically motivated and able to work independently, problem solve, take initiative, set priorities and handle multiple projects and deadlines in an organized and professional manner a must. Recognizes and seizes opportunities.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented setting.
• Familiarity with and appreciation of public radio programming.
• Occasional local travel expected. Availability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
• Must have regular and reliable transportation for local travel and a willingness to travel when necessary.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit our website, click here.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.