University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Information Services / Technology (IT)
Posted on March 14, 2020
|Department:||UW FINANCE TRANSFORMATION|
|Job Location:||Seattle Campus|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||Salary is commensurate with experience and education.|
|Notes:||As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.|
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty. All of which has allowed the UW to be nationally recognized as a “Great College to Work For” for six consecutive years.
The UW Finance Transformation Program (UWFT) is a $270M initiative to replace the University’s financial systems with an integrated system to manage the full suite of financial transactions and reporting needs in the UW system – to include academic, administrative, and healthcare. UWFT will fundamentally change the processes and tools that the University employs to track, spend, collect, manage, and report University finances in excess of $7B in annual revenues, resulting in more timely and actionable information for leadership. Among the UW’s highest administrative priorities, this multi-year initiative is one of the largest finance system projects in Washington State and the outcome of the program will be highly visible at all levels of the University and the state.
UWFT has an outstanding opportunity for a Training Lead.
The UWFT Training Lead is a member of the Organizational Change Management team, focusing on the strategic development of training associated with both Workday (system) functionality and end-to-end business processes. With the implementation of a new financial system, and associated business processes, the UW is fundamentally changing the way business operates across the enterprise, to include academic, research, healthcare and administrative units. This position will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that impacted central business units, shared services units, and end users are well informed about the end-to-end business process, and how to complete complex transactions in the system.
This position establishes the training strategy, working independently and as part of a team to design, develop, and deliver training materials, project documentation, and computer-based and instructor-led curriculum for Workday to the University enterprise. This position requires skills in determining the requirements of a diverse community and the ability to design and develop all components of the curriculum (presentations, computer-based trainings, assessments, etc.) in order to lead a team to develop relevant and appropriate training materials.
This position is further responsible for building a team of Training Developers, Trainers, and campus partners who can train their colleagues on new business processes and transactions. This position must build strong and cohesive teams, develop strategic resource plans, and ensure that work is delegated and effectively coordinated within the Training team. This position must also ensure that the Training team is collaborating closely within the Change Management team, with other staff within the UWFT program, and with key partners where work needs to be closely coordinated.
Training Strategy and Content Development
- Develop detailed training and engagement strategies, to include audience analysis, staging materials, and detailed business process/system training modules using various training methods and tools
- Lead curriculum development and training design projects to meet deliverable dates
- Collaborate and coordinate with UWFT teams and key partners to ensure efforts are properly aligned
- Oversee the development of training and system documentation, to include instructional guidelines, field level documentation, and system help text to support training and user learning efforts
Assessment & Outreach
- Learn Workday functionality and become a subject matter expert in order to effectively identify training needs and design delivery methods that promote the audience’s learning; understand system complexities from both the back-end and user-perspective
- Complete requirements gathering from both users and technical experts to ensure training materials meet the needs of the user
- Utilize leading industry techniques, technologies, and approaches to ensure training addresses a variety of learning styles; ensure that training delivery is time efficient and optimized for end users
- Build a cohesive team of Trainers and Training Developers; provide guidance and coaching on a daily basis to ensure productive and collaborative outcomes
- Strategically manage resources to ensure the right mix of staffing to achieve desired results
- Effectively manage the schedule in order to complete deliverables, communicate status updates and proactively identify changes in scope of work to ensure appropriate planning measures are taken to assess impacts or risks
- Give and receive feedback to and from colleagues in an open and honest way, in order to improve presentation skills, curriculum development, and general plans for training delivery
- Meet time commitments and deadlines, or negotiate accordingly
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.