UAA Temporary Administrative Specialist
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Administration / Clerical
Posted on May 7, 2020
|Department:||Undergraduate Academic Affairs (UAA)|
|Appointing Department Web Address:||https://www.washington.edu/uaa/|
|Job Location:||Seattle Campus|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||Salary is Competitive. Salary is Commensurate Upon Qualifications and Experience.|
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by February 20th, 2020.
At the University of Washington, diversity is integral to excellence. We value and honor diverse experiences and perspectives, strive to create welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access, opportunity and justice for all.
Undergraduate Academic Affairs (UAA) shapes, advances and stewards a world-class undergraduate academic experience for students at the University of Washington. Staff, faculty and students in UAA deepen and enrich the learning experience for all undergraduates, recognizing and supporting the unique learning path of each student and the commitment of each academic program to excellence in learning and teaching.
The UAA Dean’s Office has an outstanding opportunity for a Temporary, Part-Time (80%) Administrative Specialist to support the vice provost/dean of UAA as well as his staff in the areas of scheduling, office management and fiscal/personnel duties.
We seek competitive applications from individuals who fully embrace the University of Washington’s commitment to racial equity, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building and supporting a diverse and inclusive work team and to bringing these core values into our daily work with students, faculty, staff and the communities in which and with whom we work .
Reporting to the vice provost/dean, and in continuous coordination with the executive assistant to the vice provost/dean, the administrative specialist will have the following duties:
Scheduling and Support for the Vice Provost/Dean (37.5%)
• In consultation with the executive assistant, manage the dean’s schedule, Outlook calendar and workflow.
• Schedule meetings and distribute meeting materials to the executive assistant and dean.
• In collaboration with the executive assistant, prioritize scheduling requests and event invitations for the dean.
• Coordinate agenda for UAA executive staff meetings and other meetings convened by the dean.
• Make travel arrangements for the dean, ensuring compliance with UW rules and regulations; prepare relevant documents and process reimbursements.
Fiscal/Personnel Functions (25%)
• Create and maintain fiscal records and budget files.
• Assist in preparing all Ariba-based procurement transactions, including payments to individuals, e-reimbursements, non-PO invoices, BPO’s, catalog ordering and travel expense reimbursements.
• Work with UW departments to collect all paper documentation used as back-up for office purchasing.
• Enter information regarding purchasing transactions in database.
• Organize procard documentation monthly, working with procard holders to make sure documentation is complete and accurately describes purchases.
• Prepare quarterly absence reports for staff signature and track compliance.
• Prepare ad hoc fiscal or personnel reports as needed.
Office Management (18.75%)
• Greet and welcome guests to the suite.
• Be the primary person to answer phones for the UAA office. Answer questions and direct customers to the appropriate office.
• Respond to inquiries, concerns and urgent issues and make appropriate internal and external referrals.
• Ensure the dean’s suite is clean and welcoming for all visitors (i.e., students, staff, faculty, regents, deans, community leaders, etc.)
• Maintain cleaning schedule rota for the dean’s suite kitchen.
• Keep the office supply cabinet organized and order supplies as needed.
• Receive and deliver mail for the dean’s suite and Honors suite.
• Enter facility requests for issues related to the dean’s suite.
• Maintain building lost & found.
• Maintain the dean’s suite SharePoint website.
Support to the Executive Assistant and Executive Staff (18.75%)
• Assist the executive assistant in crafting correspondence and securing signatures on behalf of the dean.
• Assist with UAA events as assigned by the executive assistant.
• Assist with maintaining UAA and dean’s suite listservs.
• Provide scheduling support for the senior associate dean/associate vice provost and the associate dean.
• Other duties as assigned
• Accountability and Integrity
• Collaboration and Teamwork
• Constituent Focus
• Planning and Prioritization
• Race, Equity and Difference
• UW Policies and Systems
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Minimum of two years of experience providing administrative support .
• Experience with scheduling meetings and events for multiple attendees.
• Experienced and comfortable working with diverse groups of people, including but not limited to race, ethnicity and gender identities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations and work with highly confidential information with tact and discretion.
• Excellent customer service skills manifested in an ability to interact politely and respectfully with internal customers (UAA staff and students) and external customers (i.e., other UW units, guests and community/organizational leaders from around the state).
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to check work for accuracy.
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work with frequent interruptions in an open office setting.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work a M-F set schedule with reduced hours each day and limited flexibility
• Experience with UW systems such as Ariba, My Financial Desktop and Mailman
• Understanding of UW regulations, rules, policies and procedures related to fiscal areas
• Experience with database applications, especially Filemaker
• Experience working with SharePoint.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter, and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.