UTILITY WORKER 2
University of Washington Seattle, WA Full-time Maintenance
Posted on July 14, 2020
|Job Location:||Harborview Medical Center|
|Job Location Detail:||325 9th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104|
|Closing Info:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$2,889.00 - $3,648.00 per month|
|Notes:||For detailed information on Benefits for this position click here.|
HMC Maintenance has an outstanding opportunity for a full time UTILITY WORKER 2. The individual in this role will perform semi-skilled work in constructing, maintaining or repairing buildings, facilities, utility tunnels, sewer systems, grounds and equipment.
Under general supervision, this role will maintain and repair roads, utility systems, parking facilities and institution grounds. Perform semi-skilled work on the campus grounds and within the building at Harborview Medical Center campus. Perform semi-skilled work in maintaining facilities, utility areas, grounds and equipment to support grounds shop and move shop. Under general supervision, maintain and repair roads, utility systems, parking facilities and institution grounds.
• Perform semi-skilled maintenance and construction work on buildings, fixtures, equipment, grounds, walks, and driveways; such as repairing and installing sanitary storm drains and sewers; building and repairing parking lots and sidewalks; cleaning roofs and gutters; maintaining tunnel passages, sumps, and utility access holes;
• Clean, service, adjust, and make repairs on tools and equipment; Operate power tools and equipment, such as electric and gas engine driven compressors, large mowers, pneumatic tamper, jackhammer, snow plows and portable pumps;
• Operate motorized equipment such as automobiles, trucks, including dump trucks, forklifts, small tractors and front-end loaders, street cleaning equipment, trailers, trenchers and turf renovation equipment;
• Load and unload trucks and move furniture, equipment, supplies and materials; assemble new furniture;
• May assist heavy equipment operators in activities such as removing material from job site or digging ditch to place pipe;
• May do layout and job planning on routine maintenance or construction projects; read and interpret blueprints;
• May set up for athletic events and return sit to original condition;
• Perform duties of Utility Worker 1;
• Perform related duties as required.