Software/Firmware Electrical Engineer
Vista Clara is seeking a full-time Bachelor’s or Master’s level graduate with 0-5 years of experience in software development and electrical engineering. This is an opportunity for a motivated engineer to contribute to a dynamic, high-tech company, performing innovative R&D to advance nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) technologies for groundwater markets.
• Proficiency with LabVIEW, C, or other instrument control languages
• Proficiency with digital signal processing
• Experience with FPGA programming, Verilog, and embedded design
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Undertake some domestic and international travel
• Possess US Citizenship or legal authorization to work in the US and ability to pass a criminal background check
• Able to lift equipment up to 50 pounds
Preferred Skill Set
• Experience with MATLAB or similar environments for numerical simulation and modelling of physics problems
• Experience with analog circuit design and PCB layout
• Capability to organize and manage complex engineering and product development tasks
• Interest in environmental geoscience and groundwater hydrology
Key Areas of Responsibility
This team member will contribute to the engineering and advancement of commercial NMR systems for groundwater characterization. These systems incorporate low-frequency electronics (operating from 1kHz – 1MHz), high-power transmitters, low-noise receivers, precise transceiver synchronization, and embedded signal processing. Specific responsibilities include the development of instrument control firmware, as well as the design of software for fast data processing and intuitive user interfacing. Engineering objectives will be focused on transitioning new developments to robust commercial products to meet needs across the groundwater market. Numerous growth opportunities exist in R&D management, product management, and business development.
Vista Clara provides competitive compensation and benefits including annual company contributions to employee SEP-IRA accounts, paid time off, and health insurance.