Director of Finance and Accounting/CFO
Director of Finance and Accounting/CFO
Starting Salary: $125,000
Supervisor: President / CEO
The following is a summary of the general nature and level of work performed by the staff member in this position. This description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned at the Washington State Convention Center Public Facilities District (WSCC).
This position will be open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
The Director of Finance and Accounting/CFO provides leadership and direction for the overall administrative functions of Accounting, Finance, Payroll, Parking Garage operations, and all required audit functions of the district. This position is also responsible for the treasury functions including investments, debt and trust functions.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide overall management, leadership, and direction for facility financial and accounting operations
- Oversee the WSCC’s debt administration and investments by participating in planning, coordinating and issuing bonds and other debt instruments
- Lead the Accounting team regarding all established GAAP principles and public accounting requirements
- Responsible for the overall development of personnel through leadership, training, coaching and mentoring
- Direct staff in planning and carrying out day-to-day financial and accounting functions, tasks, planning, projects and operations following all required procedures
- Maintain a general accounting system for WSCC and its departments; prescribe the form of receipts, vouchers, invoices to be used and accounts to be maintained by WSCC departments inside the established accounting system
- Direct all treasury functions and manages WSCC banking relationships, investments, and cash flow needs. Responsible to keep investment policy updated to follow all federal, state, and local governing statutes
- Oversee and direct the receipt, custody and disbursements of WSCC funds and monies
- Develop directives, policies and procedures in operating effective programs in Accounting, Payroll, Finance, and Parking management that benefit the whole organization
- Provide input into and then execution of the annual strategic plans for assigned departments consistent with the board annual operating goals
- Responsible for tracking of capital project expenditures to manage the approved budget. Responsible for the production of all financial statements and supervision of all audits performed
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring, reporting lodging and other taxes collected. Oversee Extended Lodging Tax collection and payment to King County and City of Seattle
- Prepare preliminary budget documents and work with VPs and department directors to draft and complete final budget proposal and submit to President/CEO and Board for approval
- Responsible for overseeing preparation of annual financial statements. Prepare and file State Annual Report, and MSRB file and report
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the State and financial audits. Direct staff to be responsive to the necessary requests for information and to answer all questions from the Board and Finance Committee.
- Compile and analyze information and data to prepare a variety of reports including financial status reports, budget reports, investment reports and information for the WSCC Annual Report or other reports as directed by the Board Chairman or President/CEO.
- For the Addition construction project, provide payment of all invoices as approved, cash flow reporting and forecasting. In addition, manage the investment of all funds in accordance to WSCC Board policies.
- Act as the WSCC’s liaison with Board, board contractors and local agencies, governmental financial representatives, auditors, to coordinate operations and respond to issues or projects related to finance, audits, payroll, parking, and general facilities operations
- Responsible for ensuring the important information both operational and financial, are communicated to approved contractors relating to the Addition construction project of the Summit building
Directly supervises the Accounting Manager, Parking Manager, and Assistant to the CFO
Education / Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA preferred.
Minimum 5 years of direct experience in accounting functions at a management level which demonstrates excellent administrative and leadership abilities. Prefer some experience in a hospitality environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Windows environments
- Experience with USI Ungerboeck enterprise system preferred
- Familiar with financial software systems as well as user administrations within these applications
- Customer-focused, team player who can effectively lead a team with a positive attitude in accordance with Quality Service Program
- Passion for operational excellence and success
- Recognizes when external perspective, expertise, services, or leverage are appropriate and develops strong working relationships with providers
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to produce clear and well-organized documents
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, document, and implement
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and understand business practices, elicit and define requirements, and identify appropriate solutions and options
- This position will be open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
- Resumes may be included, but not substituted for the Application for Employment or Structured Questionnaire
- The applicant is responsible for submitting the completed Application for Employment and Structured Questionnaire. Providing incomplete documentation may delay action or disqualify the application.
- The final hiring process involves employment reference check and a criminal background check
- If accommodations are required to complete the application and/or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (206) 694-5038
- Washington State Convention Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer