Supervisor: Security Supervisor
Hourly Wage: $22.83*
Labor Council Rep: Teamsters, Local #117
The following is a summary of the general nature and level of work performed by the staff member in this position. This description is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
Every employee at the Washington State Convention Center Public Facilities District (WSCC) works closely with our visitors and guests. We hire employees who enjoy greeting, listening and responding to these guests. Each employee is responsible for making a good first impression and embracing WSCC service standards. Consistently delivering quality service is our number one priority.
The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the facility, property and occupants via security patrol and the monitoring of the security systems. Strong customer service skills are required as the Officer will respond to a variety of inquiries from guests. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Patrol all assigned interior and exterior areas of the facility including, but not limited to: public access areas, meeting spaces, stairwells, truck ramps, loading docks, parking garages, exterior staircases, rooftop, public walkways and specific areas of Freeway Park
- Staffing the Security Control room, ensuring the proper use and continuous monitoring of all cameras, life/safety systems telephones, radios and other related equipment. While staffing the Security Control room, the Officer will act as the central point for all patrol activities and coordinate/dispatch patrol officers and other staff as needed
- Respond to simultaneous, pressure-filled situations in a calm and productive manner while using sound judgment and decision making skills
- Maintain current CPR, First Aid and AED certification and ability to provide assistance as required
*Individuals hired into this position must serve a probationary period of three months. During the initial 240 hours worked, the hourly wage will be 85 percent ($19.41) of the hourly wage listed above. This position is represented by Teamsters Local #117. The Teamsters Local #117 office is located at 14675 Interurban Avenue South, Suite 307 in Tukwila, and can be reached by telephone at (206) 441-4860.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least two years security experience, preferably in the hospitality or retail industry, or with a governmental organization. Direct experience with automated fire/safety systems, automated camera systems and basic computer proficiency is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Valid CPR, First Aid and AED certification are required within six months of employment
- Possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver License
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, this position requires the ability to:
- Effectively work in an unarmed security position in a customer service-oriented manner
- Maintain a team-oriented, working relationship with co-workers, subcontractors and guests
- Read simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and respond to questions
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, and operating and procedure manuals
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, guests and clients
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form; both in emergency and non-emergency situations
- This position will be open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
- Resumes may be included, but not substituted for the Application for Employment or Structured Questionnaire.
- The applicant is responsible for submitting the completed Application for Employment and Structured Questionnaire. Providing incomplete documentation may delay action or disqualify the application.
- The final hiring process involves employment reference checks, a criminal background check and a driver license review.
- If accommodations are required to complete the application and/or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (206) 694-5038.
- Washington State Convention Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.