CAD Drafter/DesignerWhidbey Telecom
Location: Langley, WA
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT NECESSARILY BE LIMITED TO:
- Develop, design, research and modify Outside Plant cable and conduit structure.
- Design FTTH (Fiber to The Home) splitter areas based on a 1x32 distributed split architecture.
- Provide material reports for FTTH projects.
- Develop project plans and written explanations to support permitting process, work with Archaeology and Environmental Agencies to fulfill permitting requirements.
- Inspect and document contractor construction completions and as builds.
- Edit and update mapping system data base.
- Analyze existing CAD and drawing data.
- Create new CAD data from staking sheets and field drawings
- Convert data into standards compliant with CAD format: analyze and decipher as builds from construction projects and enter data to update database.
- Provide data reports from mapping database.
- Utility research and verification.
- Assist with easement procurement.
- Build virtual circuits associated with auto provisioning efforts.
- Process work orders and assign facilities.
- Measure and document physical details in the field.
- Use mapping support technology (IPad, GPS, other Mobile Tools).
- Work with CAD drafter to verify existing field conditions.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in AutoCAD.
- Telecommunications experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Adobe, Excel and Word programs
- Proficient in reading and understanding engineering drawings, site plans, surveys and as builds.
- High level of accuracy with data entry and attention to detail.
- Customer Service skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Positive attitude to learning new skills and evolving technology.
- Pre-employment and ongoing drug screens required.
- Must be eligible to work in the USA.
- Ability to travel through Canada-US border.
- WA State driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Pass background check.
Whidbey Telecom is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Whidbey Telecom is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.